Saturday, November 12, 2011

Made something new for Etsy...

One of my friends back in Texas started a group on Facebook designed to give artists motivation to complete new works.  Hearkening back to the days of high school art classes, she gives us a topic and two weeks to create a new piece of work in any medium we like to represent that subject.  This week's topic was your favorite color.  I decided that whenever I made something for these challenges, I'd try to sell them on Etsy, and see if it won't motivate me to keep putting items up for sale.

Here's a few bathroom mirror photos of the newest fascinator.

The "feathers" are made from millinery wire covered with blue silk dupioni and silk charmeuse.  The blue wire wraps around the base and helps anchor the feathers onto the comb.  I put it together in about two or three hours, once I was inspired.







No comments:

Post a Comment